Founded in 1944 on the corner of First Avenue and Victoria Street in downtown Kamloops, our history is deeply rooted in a passion for reaching marginalized people in our community and beyond. In 1945, this fledgeling mission called "The Gospel Lighthouse" became affiliated with the Christian & Missionary Alliance and built "The Alliance Tabernacle" on Columbia Street. The building was sold in 1967 and a modest A-frame building was constructed at the current location on Leigh Road.
In February of 1976, a fire completely destroyed the building. Our members faithfully held services in the elementary school across the street while also working with their own hands to reconstruct a place of worship. After a year of hard work and prayer, the new "Kamloops Alliance Church" building was dedicated in May of 1977.
Kamloops Alliance Church has seen many transitions over the years, and what began as a handful of committed families, God has grown to be a generous and authentic community of over 850 regular attendees. We partner with local agencies and with overseas communities to aid them in practical ways that care for those in need. Our congregation supports many international workers, who, as the hands and feet of Jesus, bring the gospel to those outside our borders; and we often send teams from our own church to assist in larger projects in the developing world.
We are blessed, both by the leadership of many influential pastors, and by the generosity of committed members who give towards multiple renovations/construction - the most recent being the completion of our Ministry Centre in August 2015 - which stand to serve not only our congregation but the whole community.
To this day, we are still a family of passionate followers of Jesus who desire to see His love made known to our community and around the world through our God-given vision To see all people become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.