For Christmas 2020, Kamloops Alliance Church will be supporting KAC families in need as well as partnering with two community agencies. In our partnership with ASK Wellness, we will be supporting some of the most vulnerable seniors in our city, and in our partnership with Family Tree, we will be supporting Moms on a recovery journey.
Our tradition with hampers has been to provide all the food necessary for Christmas dinner, and a few small gifts for each family member. We have estimated the cost of a hamper for a single person to be $75, and for a small family (mom plus 2 kids) to be $125.
With fluctuating provincial COVID recommendations in mind, we are doing our best to serve our community amid various levels of comfort with public exposure by offering a variety of hamper sponsorship/volunteer opportunities:
- Receive a Hamper: If you would like to receive a Christmas hamper. Click HERE or stop by the Church Ministry Centre, and fill out an application. Please note: completing this application does not guarantee you a hamper. You will be notified whether or not you have been approved by December 6, 2020.
- Sponsor a Hamper: If you or your group are comfortable doing your own shopping and would like a sponsorship opportunity. Click HERE or stop by the Church Ministry Centre, and fill out an application.
- Donate: If you or your group are not comfortable doing your own shopping but would like to help sponsor Christmas hampers in our community with a donation of gift card(s). We recommend gift cards from Walmart, Superstore, Independent Grocer, Save-On-Foods. Gift Cards can be dropped off at the KAC Ministry Center mail slot until Sunday, December 14, 2020.
- Give Financially: If you would prefer to give financially, you can give thru the Church Centre App or online. Click HERE
- Volunteer: If you would like to help with shopping, packing, or delivery of Christmas hampers. Click HERE